For those going into Pediatrics
Posted by Laura on August 11, 2010
Pediatric Medication Calculations
- Sam weighs 15.4 kg and is to receive a drug with a dosage range of 5-7.5 mg/kg/dose. The solution bag is labeled 100 mg. What is the dosage range and what is your ‘soon to be’ expert opinion of the correct amount? (too low, in range, or too high)
For the following questions, state the dosage range and your opinion on the dose to be given (too low, in range, too high)
- Nora weighs 13.1 kg and the dosage range is 15-20 U/kg/dose. The doctor ordered 200 U in 75 mL for Nora.
- Sally has a dosage of 1.5 mg in 20 mL bid. Her weight is 27.28 lbs. The normal dosage range is 0.1 to 0.3 mg/kg/day in two divided doses. What is the dosage range per day, daily dosage ordered and your assessment?
- Brandi is at 27.9 kg. She has a medication to be infused q 8 h of 400 mg in 75 mL. The normal range is 15-45 mg/kg/day. What is the dosage range per day, daily dosage ordered and your assessment?
- Lisa has a solution bag of 250 ml infusing at a rate of 50 mL/hr. This bag contains 350 mcg. The normal range is 3-7 mcg/kg. She weighs 15.7 kg. What is the dosage range per hr, dosage infusing per hr and your assessment of the correct amount?
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.