In class we created Posters to explain different teaching styles: My group did Role Play.
My notes from the posters presented are listed below.
Poster Notes taken by Laura.
Contractual Agreement –
- Contract. Words signed by student. words signed by rn
- Verbal contract – what is in it.
- Agreement notes responsibilities of both teacher and learner. Accomplishing importance of mutual commitment.
- is it legally binding? No
- Is it appropriate for patient
- agreement can serve to motivate
- Between patient and teacher. Requisites: emotionally invested. Learning readiness, cognitive capabilities, participation.
- Distraction free
- Active participation
Audio Visual Learning
- most versatile
- involved – capture specific teaching
- sight & sound
- 50% audio/visual
- nurses must be aware of progression
- Pros & cons
- Requisites: available, literate, ready to learn, personal.
- Cons: can you see, larger, illiteracy, language barriers, visual deficits
- Problems: dyslexia, follow up, may be misunderstood, manual impairment.
- Advantages: appeals to more than one sense. Provides for individual guidance. Allows for reinforcement. Emphasizes proper sequence.
- Requsites: emotionally ready, motivated, ready to learn.
- Requisite of the teacher: turn into learner. edits learner’s information. acts on teachable moments. clarifies often, honors the learner as a partner in the educational experience
- disadvantages: limited to small groups, Repetition can be time consuming. Some tools require a increase risk of teaching skills
- Requisites: ability to learn, motivation, language, hearing, cognitive ability
- actions speak louder than words
- lead by example
- personal experience maters
- monkey see/ monkey do
Role Paying – was mine – didn’t take notes J