Oral Temperature with Thempadot
Posted by Laura on November 26, 2009
How to Obtain Accurate Readings:
• Wait at least 15 minutes before taking temperature when patient is exposed to cold weather (all assessment methods) or smoking, eating or drinking (oral assessment).
• For oral assessment, place in heat pocket under tongue. Be sure mouth is closed for 60 seconds.
• For axillary assessment, be sure device is against torso, parallel to length of body and completely covered for 3 minutes.
• For rectal assessment, be sure device is completely in sheath and device is inserted into rectum with all dots covered for 3 minutes.
• Allow 10 seconds for the device to ‘lock in’ before reading.
• Read the last blue dot and ignore any skipped dots.
• Retake temperature with new device:
– If left in mouth longer than 2 minutes.
– If left under arm or in rectum longer than 5 minutes.
Download 3M pdf on readings. tempadotinstructions
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.